[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC #9998: Add upload button

Dan Osipov dosipov at phillyburbs.com
Mon Dec 22 15:50:49 CET 2008

Steffen,

Thanks for testing!

Yes, its strange. The reason for that is the way DAM defines functions
and sub-modules. The Upload is a sub-module, and will therefore appear
in the selection box (or tab if enabled). The other options, such as
create new folder, or create new file, are functionalities, and are
defined elsewhere.

That's why I placed the button where I did - I agree its strange, but
DAM does it for maximum extensibility. I would like to rework a lot of
this for 1.2 once we get 1.1 out.

Dan Osipov
Calkins Media
http://danosipov.com/blog/