[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC: Bugfix: 8236: double media folder after update

Peter Kuehn [wmdb] peter.kuehn at wmdb.de
Fri Apr 25 13:33:19 CEST 2008

the changes in the patch roll back(!) a change from doktype 254 to
doktype 2 that apparently was introduced somewhere on the way from
1.0.100 to 1.0.13.
using "advanced" instead of "sysfolder" must have had a reason. anybody
who knows it? im a little afraid, that we will have a new prob somewhere
  else that was solved by using doktype 2.

anyways: michiel is right "there is no history And since 2 is obsoleted
by 4.2 we have little choice".

so: +1 for the patch and some thoughts on why it was changed someday.

grtz
pekue