[TYPO3-dam-devel] coming out of the closet

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sun Apr 20 14:45:45 CEST 2008

After discussing the subject face-to-face with Georg yesterday, I noticed
that there might be some things which need to be clarified:

Focus of the list
Just like the core team list, and exactly like we do it now, my proposal is
that only patches will go over this list. For discussions, the DAM project
list should be used (again, just like now...)

Reviewing and approving patches
I propose that we could simply re-use the guides that were written for the
core team. This basically means:
- everyone can post, fix, test, review
- only team members can commit
- before a patch is committed it requires a four-eye review consisting of at
  least one team member

Would there still remain any doubts if we would set up these rules?

Regards, michael

Michael Stucki wrote:

> I absolutely agree with Ben. Suggested it weeks ago already, but obviously
> some of you did not agree back then...
>
> Andreas Balzer wrote:
>> My opinion about this is: We should do it as soon as the version is
>> released.
>>
>> That keeps unwanted feature requests away at the moment and we can
>> concentrate on working without having to answer on everything with
>> formal language. Until the new version is released, I'll try to answer
>> to threads in the mailinglist.
>
> I don't think that will be a problem. Just explain the people that we're
> at RC stage and currently don't need any new features. This worked fine
> for the core list, so why shouldn't it also work here?
>
> What we need is feedback for all these open issues and fixes to them, so
> please don't keep the public from helping you now...
>
> If Michiel agrees to this I could still open the list today...! :-)
>
> - michael
>
>> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 10:13 PM, ben van 't ende [netcreators]
>> <ben at netcreators.com> wrote:
>>> Guys,
>>>
>>>  I feel some more pressure in DAM. Shouldn't we go public with the DAM
>>>  team list? Just as has been done with the core list. This way people
>>>  can also get a feel of what is going on .....and we are no secret
>>>  society.
>>>
>>>  gRTz
>>>
>>>  ben
>>>  --