[TYPO3-dam-devel] RFC: Bugfix: 5703: after creating a file dam jumps to list of subfolder if success, or back to the folder if it doesn't success

Michiel Roos [netcreators] michiel at netcreators.com
Thu Oct 11 16:31:56 CEST 2007

This is a svn patch request.

Type: bugfix

Steps to reproduce:
- Media -> File
- List
- Choose folder
- Click the new file button (next to the new folder button)
- Create a text file without an extension
- Get the error message
- Click the back button

Expected behaviour:
- Back button takes you to javascript:history.back() where the form
still has all the data filled in.

Observed behaviour:
- We're dumped back into the folder we started in

This behavior is unacceptable because a user might have just spent some
hours tediously entering an ASCII art image of the mona lisa into the
text field and just have forgotten to add .txt to the filename . . . now
all his hard work is lost.

Doh!

The fix:
Change mod_cmd/class.tx_dam_cmd_filenew.php (line 129)
add line $this->pObj->returnUrl = 'javascript:history.back()';
Before the call to $GLOBALS['SOBE']->getMessageBox

Branches:
Head

Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5703

Kind regards,

Michiel Roos

--
Netcreators BV :: creation and innovation
www.netcreators.com

Interesse in werken bij Netcreators?
http://www.netcreators.com/bedrijf/vacatures/