[TYPO3-dam-devel] Any other extensions needed?

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Oct 11 16:10:57 CEST 2007

Michael Stucki wrote:

> From October 19 until end of this year I will be on holiday and (what a
> surprise) stay offline. So if you need further extensions, you will have
> to manage this on your own...

So just in case, here is a list of commands which I've collected to import
the existing extensions.

It was pretty much work to import them all this way, but finally it is really
helpful to have an existing version history, use branches and tags, etc.

Important:
The SVN reposity name is always different from the extension key name.

SVNKEY: tx_damindex (prefixed with "tx_", no additional "_")
EXTKEY: dam_index (as usual)

- Remove existing extension

| svn rm -m "Remove everything and start with fresh import" https://typo3xdev.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/typo3xdev/SVNKEY

- Make an initial import of a new extension (based on oldest available
  version found in TER)

| mkdir template
| mkdir template/trunk
| mkdir template/tags
| mkdir template/branches
| cp -a EXTKEY_oldestversion template/trunk/
|
| svn import -m "Initial upload, based on EXTKEY 0.1.0" template/ https://typo3xdev.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/typo3xdev/SVNKEY

- Remove the template and checkout from Subversion

| svn co https://typo3xdev.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/typo3xdev/SVNKEY/trunk

- Commit changes made (replace VERSION with 0.1.0, 1.0.0, etc.)

| svn commit -m "Commit VERSION release (copied from TER)"

- If needed, create new branch for this version (only did that for 1.0
  versions)
- Note: In SVN the tags and branches have version numbers separated by a
  dash "-" instead of a dot!

| svn cp -m "Creating EXTKEY_1-0 branch" https://typo3xdev.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/typo3xdev/SVNKEY/trunk https://typo3xdev.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/typo3xdev/SVNKEY/branches/EXTKEY_1-0

- Switch branch (if created one)

| svn switch https://typo3xdev.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/typo3xdev/SVNKEY/branches/EXTKEY_1-0 .

- Commit 1.0.* updates to this branch and switch back to trunk for 1.1alpha
  and later.

- Create a tag for a version

| svn cp -m "Tagging release VERSION" https://typo3xdev.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/typo3xdev/SVNKEY/trunk https://typo3xdev.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/typo3xdev/SVNKEY/tags/EXTKEY_0-1-1
|
| Alternatively create tags from branch:
| svn cp -m "Tagging release VERSION" https://typo3xdev.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/typo3xdev/SVNKEY/branches/EXTKEY_1-0 https://typo3xdev.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/typo3xdev/SVNKEY/tags/EXTKEY_0-1-1

- Update a version in Trunk or Branch:
   - Remove all existing files except ".svn" directories
   - Copy the next newer version (e.g. 0.2.0, etc.) from TER into "trunk"
   - Add and remove files which are not/no longer versioned

| find . -type f ! -wholename "*/.svn*"|xargs rm
|
| rsync -av EXTKEY_nextversion/ trunk/
|
| svn st | grep "^\?" | awk '{print $2}'|xargs svn add
| svn st | grep "^\!" | awk '{print $2}'|xargs svn rm

- Finally, modify ext_emconf.php, make sure that there is a ChangeLog,
  and finalize the import (see my latest changes for example)

| svn commit -m "Takeover by the DAM development team"

Done.
--
Use a newsreader! Check out