[TYPO3-dam-devel] status / progress - releaseplan

georg kuehnberger gk at plan2.net
Tue Dec 18 20:32:04 CET 2007

Michiel Roos wrote:
> georg kuehnberger wrote:
>> Ahoi Michiel, Peter, Andreas, all
>>
>> Did I miss some mails or is the one from 19.11. the last one on this
>> list?
>> Hope you're all doing fine and are (pre-x-mess-) busy as we are over
>> here.
>> Anyway, I guess we should finish the (then re-scheduled) releaseplan
>> for the new version; I guess some of us might find spare-time to
>> test/debug/fix the last bugs over the (not so bizzy) holidays.
>>
>> regards georg
>>
> Hi Georg,
>
> You did not miss any mails. We have all been silent together . . .

good to know;

> I have some time off around christmas and newyears. I'll put some of
> that time into the DAM. It's been a really busy period. Since I need to
> do the dam stuff in my free time . . . I haven't given ti attention it
> deserves lately.
>
> I sometimes feel bad about neglecting the dam and having a social time
> sometimes, but then again . . . I only have so much time.
>
> On my todo are:
> - checkout dam installation on postgress
> - fix bug 5547 (or fix my installation, it appears to work for most of you)
> - fix all the bugs assigned to me.
> - see if there are any more bugs to set to 'feature' instead of 'major'
>
> Kind regards,
>

> Michiel Roos

Michiel,

I know you got me right from the start and seeing everybody being
extremely busy (with other stuff), let me suggest the following:

- we announce a re-scheduled releaseplan with first RC/beta (was was
planned) being released End January 08, and targetting End March 08
(right before t3-board?) as final release-date (with already planned
intermediary steps);
   = me feels we should show up with this announcement before x-mess!
(as a little motivation for

- we should use at least one of our christmas-whishes /
new-years-intentions for "finish that DAMn release".

- Michiel, ASA you'd find time, please issue another "Periodical
Report", so we might jump in (wherever possible) and fill in the needed
gaps.

- we all spend time with and enjoy our families & friends meanwhile or
in-between

deal ?

anyway, all the best to you / your families
n'joy the days,
regards georg