[TYPO3-core] TYPO3 6.2 - TCA not loading fully

Artur Cichosz artur2000 at gmx.de
Wed May 6 11:48:15 CEST 2015

Hi Peter,

thank you for your answer and sorry for wrong posting place, maybe you can move this topic into the correct category.
The problem sollution is trivial but complex at the same time :-)

I was lucky to find out the reason quite quickly by tracking down the bootstraping process up to TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\ExtensionManagementUtility::buildBaseTcaFromSingleFiles().

The new way of  TCA loading requires the folder "EXT:xxxxx/Configuration/TCA" to exist.

In our case we had "EXT:xxxxx/Configuration/Tca" in both cases (news and static_info_tables).

The reason for this is, that we use a preconfigured TYPO3 6.2 package to kickstart new projects.
At some point in the past, when we created our kickstart package, both extensions must have had "Configuration/Tca" instead of "Configuration/TCA" and we commited this into our subversion repository.

Now comes windows and its case insensitive API into play. Our developers work mostly on windows and the switch from "Configuration/Tca" to "Configuration/TCA" in newer versions of those extensions was never detected by windows subversion clients.
Additionally the main developer of those two projects in question works fully on windows running even apache/PHP there so he did never experience the problem at all during his development.

That explains why only fully deleting the extensions and reinstalling from TER on LINUX servers fixed the issue there.

So the mistery is revealed.