[TYPO3-core] Location of "addStaticFile"

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Fri Apr 3 11:16:20 CEST 2015

Hi,

When discussing a patch of tt_address we noticed, that the calls to
"addStaticFile" for adding TypoScript templates are sometimes located in
"Overrides/some_table.php" and sometimes in ext_tables.php.

A grep in sysext gave me the following results:

$ grep -rl addStaticFile * | grep -v "Tests"

core/Classes/Utility/ExtensionManagementUtility.php
css_styled_content/Configuration/TCA/Overrides/tt_content.php
fluid/ext_tables.php
form/Configuration/TCA/Overrides/tt_content.php
indexed_search/ext_tables.php
rtehtmlarea/ext_tables.php

Besides the first line, where the method is defined, different
extensions put the call in either of the above two mentioned locations.

Should there be any rule for where to put those calls?

greetings,
Bernhard