[TYPO3-core] 7.0 Stabilization Phase starting tomorrow at 8am

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Wed Nov 19 16:51:26 CET 2014

Hey folks,

according to our new release cycle [1], we will have shorter release
cycles, each having a specific topic, a merge window where features go
in, and a stabilization phase.

For 7.0, which we target to release on December 2nd, 2014, with its
focus on the Backend UI Overhaul, I'd like to inform you, that we enter
the stabilization phase tomorrow morning (Nov, 20th) at 8am.

This means, that we start focussing on finding and fixing bugs related
to the backend overhaul. Features that didn't go in until tomorrow, will
have to wait until December 2nd to be included in 7.1.

As a personal example, my important topic was the removal of the JS
components written with prototype.js. I couldn't finish all of it, so I
just focus on testing the already merged parts, and start migrating the
rest of the components in two weeks.

All the best,
Benni.

[1]