[TYPO3-core] Could not acquire lock for ClassLoader cache creation

Brian Lynch brianl at digi-bis.com
Wed May 7 19:07:03 CEST 2014

Markus Klein Thank You for responding to answer your questions:

Yes the folder typo3/locks does exist and there is a single 0kb file in the folder time stamped at the last time the website actually worked.

The permissions are 0755 on the folder and 0755 on the file.

The filesystem on the server is ext3.

Ok I compared the folder with the one of the working system, and that system has no file in the typo3temp/locks folder, so I deleted the 0 kb file in the folder and now I can run the install Tool!!!

I'm not out of the woods yet the site is still not working, when I try an load it I get a blank page, then a file abandoned in typo3/locks folder, if I delete the file and re-log into the install tool, if I don't I get the original error message again.