[TYPO3-core] TYPO3_MODE "die" in Configurations/TCA

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Fri Jun 13 13:13:43 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 13-6-2014 12:13, Stefan Neufeind wrote:
> It's been discussed often that our shipped .htaccess or the multiple

There are systems which cannot use .htaccess files (Nginx for example).

It doesn't seem feasible to create .htaccess configurations which work
for each and every website configuration with all possible working
extensions.
We could of course move the responsibility to the maintainer of the
site, but that is not very friendly either.

The solution with a single line in scripts is easy, cheap, works
everywhere and prevents problems with inexperienced site owners and
cases where hosters limit available options.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!