[TYPO3-core] (New) TYPO3 CMS Vision

Felix Nakelski nakelski at bergisch-media.de
Tue Aug 26 11:10:04 CEST 2014

Hi all again,

after kind of starting the discussion some days ago, it was very hard for
me to follow every argument, counter-argument, listing of pro’s and con’s
and so on.
Some posts were about technical visions, some about the focus groups and
some about the general decision between TYPO3 CMS and TYPO3 Neos.

I just want to list the actual content of the discussion:

- (re-)focussing on integrators and users; not only on developers
- centralized repository (TER) or more distribution channels (GitHub etc.)
- - How about a „selected by the Core-Team“ area in the TER?
- Backward compatibility
- Stay competitive against other CMS
- - Backend UX redesign
- Compatibility between TYPO3 CMS and TYPO3 Neos
- Different packages / distributions for faster setup (bootstrap etc.)
- Faster Backend & Frontend
- Less PageReload in Backend
- Self-explaining errors
- State of the art content elements

This listing is no evaluation or ranking, please feel free to add a topic
if you miss it.
If somebody will take part on the TYPO3 Agency day in Düsseldorf next
week, I would be very happy to talk and discuss the topics.

Otherwise feel free to contact me directly.

I would like to carry all arguments together and start a detailed
discussion in a focussed way - any suggestions how to do this?

Regards,
Felix

= = =
Felix Nakelski