[TYPO3-core] (New) TYPO3 CMS Vision

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Tue Aug 19 14:35:09 CEST 2014

Hi Sebastian,

Am 19.08.14 um 08:08 schrieb Sebastian Fischer:
> Like for example:
> - \TYPO3\CMS\Core\DataHandling\DataHandler
> - \TYPO3\CMS\Backend\Form\FormEngine
> - \TYPO3\CMS\Backend\RecordList\AbstractRecordList
>
> These parts are such an outrageous pile of complicated stuff that none
> even tries to untangle it. And i don't take me apart of that statement.

I can tell stories about DataHandler... ;)
Ok, it's like "streamline and reduce technical complexity in the inner
core parts (formerly know as TCE)"

> My vision for starters as a developer is a complete modularized and
> extendable form engine. By this it would be possible to have a more
> customizable backend beside only using userFuncs.
>
> It would be really great to be able to register a new control type with
> related pre- and post-databasehandler. Maybe that would enable having
> relations and not only comma separated integer lists (yeah i know irre).

Hm, the functionality is there but also maybe too complicated or
different from component to component. I'd put that as "streamline APIs"
and "enhance extensibility and replacing workflow components".

All the best
Olly
--
Oliver Hader