[TYPO3-core] (New) TYPO3 CMS Vision

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri Aug 15 19:31:22 CEST 2014

Hi Oliver,

Oliver Hader wrote:

> One question on that "TYPO3 one world" product:
> What would you take from the TYPO3 CMS world and what would you take
> from the TYPO3 Neos universe to create this "TYPO3 Unify"?

Jumping in here ;)

I would keep the TYPO3 CMS backend, drop CMS frontend support and use Neos
for Frontend Editing. I guess Neos would need some work to fully work on
custom models (CMS tables), but it should be doable. The CMS backend would
need some love to read and edit content repository contents.

All technical details should be shifted to Flow mostly. Bootstrapping will
be the most difficult details and will not quite some work and lots of
thinking.

After trying it out, we will be a lot smarter ;)

Cheers
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!