[TYPO3-core] DebugBar in the TYPO3 Backend

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Tue Aug 12 07:38:49 CEST 2014

Hey everybody,

as you are aware, we're slowly trying to migrate from ExtJS to other
options.

One thing that I like in TYPO3 and that runs with ExtJS is the debug
bar, that shows messages about failed SQL queries and debug calls (hmm,
that basically seems the only thing that is used currently), and is also
AJAX-aware (catches AJAX-calls with errors).

I just found this alternative: http://phpdebugbar.com/

I'd like to get your feedback:
 - Should we remove this functionality completely
 - What are other benefits that I forgot about the current ExtJS debug bar?

I'm actually in favor of moving this functionality to a separate
(sys-)extension that handles this debugging (incl. UI) better, and using
something else than ExtJS for that case.

Other opinions?

All the best,
Benni.