[TYPO3-core] [Errored] TYPO3/TYPO3.CMS#2939 (master - 977f772)

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Thu Apr 17 21:54:21 CEST 2014

Hey,

On 04/17/2014 06:45 PM, Stefan Neufeind wrote:
>> I'm seeing this only now and I'm not sure I understand what's wrong. I
>> saw that the build with PHP 5.3 had some skipped and ignored tests. Is
>> that what is causing the "errored" status?
>
> You could have kept the link in your email. Found it now:
> https://travis-ci.org/TYPO3/TYPO3.CMS/jobs/23149369
>

> That's because of the (randomly occuring):
>
> No output has been received in the last 10 minutes, this potentially
> indicates a stalled build or something wrong with the build itself.
>
> The build has been terminated

Yeah, this happens since we use gnu parallel to make better use of
travis-ci hardware for the functional tests. This suppresses output
until everything finished, so if one part of the functional tests takes
a long time, travis-ci sometimes kills the build.

I'm currently working on systematically speeding up the functional tests
for everyone - now that our 6500 unit tests are done in ~20 seconds I
want more performance for functionals, too. I have an idea on how to do
that, but need some time to see if it helps.

For the meantime, patch [1] at least further mitigates the travis-ci
timeout issue.

Furthermore, I've worked hard on test environment stuff and now have a
patch that uses composer for the unit and functional test setup. This
way we do not need ext:phpunit and the travis-integration github
repository any longer, and it is now much easier to establish and run
the test suites. The patch is pending with [2] and documented in [4] and
[5].

Next steps are to further simplify and document a setup for other
extensions to run own tests in travis. I'll start on that soon, and I
guess people like Georg Ringer with his news extension will be very
happy to see something evolving in this area.

If all that is done, we can consider the "test standalone" blueprint [3]
as done.

[1] https://review.typo3.org/#/c/29553/
[2] https://review.typo3.org/#/c/29495/
[3] http://wiki.typo3.org/Blueprints/StandaloneUnitTests