[TYPO3-core] Moving Extensions out of the core into TER

Michael typo3ml at schams.net
Thu Sep 5 11:35:59 CEST 2013

On 2013-09-05 17:21, Xavier Perseguers wrote:

>> I'd opt for keeping openid and form in the core.
>
> Would be fine with me as well. We should just ensure the migration step
> takes care of retrieving them from TER and we would be done.

Please keep in mind, that not everyone will migrate from an old(er)
version but install TYPO3 the first time. Moving extensions from the
core to TER makes sense but also introduces a hurdle: you have to use
the EM to "activate" (install) certain features.

Again, not a problem for experienced Integrators, but maybe an issue for
newbies.

Cheers
Michael