[TYPO3-core] Dispatch extbase extension without registering it as module.

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Thu Oct 10 16:10:48 CEST 2013

Hi.

On 08.10.2013 10:52 Philipp Gampe wrote:
> We have to different things here:
> * Modules and their menu structure
> * Dispatching of scripts (e.g. modules, wizards, etc)
>
> Those should be separated in the API instead of faking menu entries that are
> hidden, because they are not supposed to be rendered as menu items.

I agree.

What about the following solution:
1) Leave registerModule() as it is and refactor the API in 6.2+
2) Add a feature to 6.2 which allows to hide a module globally, e.g. via
userTS:
options.hiddenModules := addToList(web_func)

This would be much cleaner than putting the configuration into
registerModule(). Even better: this solution would not be limited to
extbase modules.

As a side effect, ControllerActions could be registered for dispatching
without appearing as a BE module. And that's what is wanted in this
particular thread :)

One drawback I see so far: The module would show up in the access list
list of BE groups.

--
cheers,
Steffen