[TYPO3-core] Responsibilities of the T3A (was: Status of TYPO3 6.2 LTS)

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Thu Nov 21 12:19:57 CET 2013

Hi Adrian.

Thanks for your suggestion.

On 21.11.13 09:42, Adrian Zimmermann wrote:

> regarding the awaited (official) statement of the T3A: for snowflake as a T3A member i just would be the logic thing to do when you think of the members as stakeholders in this whole picture. for those members the T3A is kind of 'contracting partner' (of course it's not a contract in a classical way), but we are paying the membership fee to the T3A and as you see in the bylaws the T3A has the following tasks:
> 1.  Events for the purpose of information and further training;
> 2.  Internal and external communication to spread knowledge and competence
> for using the system;
> 3.  Sustained, particularly long-term further development of the software project
> TYPO3;
> 4.  Securing trademark rights in the interests of the TYPO3 community.
>
> points 2 and 3 are important in this case for me: communication and responsible for long-term further development of the software project TYPO3. i think it's clear that an LTS version is of course part of that and that's why snowflake as a member would be happy (and is awaiting) an official statement by our T3A which we pay memberships to. i don't think it's an exotic wish and i'm sure that other members also wait for that.
>
> thanks a lot!

It may be the case that other T3A members see it like this.
I personally strongly disagree with such a point of view and would
really like to see an official statement how these paragraphs are meant.

Michael, can you take care of that, to avoid further confusion what is
in the domain of the T3A and more importantly what is not.

It should be easy and straightforward to be transparent and clear in
that regard, for the benefit of every party involved.

Kind regards,
Helmut

--
Helmut Hummel