[TYPO3-core] Taming the Performance in 6.2

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 13:13:28 CET 2013

Hi!

bernd wilke wrote:
> is require_once() timing the same as include_once() ?

Self cost 0.03 vs 0.02. I think the difference will not be large because
the difference in handling is very little.

> how often is an existing file included and how often a non existing
> _in_TYPO3_?

If the autoloader is used, than files are included only once.

> how is the timing if a file already is included?

Should not be relevant for TYPO3 class files.

> how often are files more than once requested to include_once() _in_TYPO3_?

Cannot tell about extensions and I am 99.99% sure that core uses only
require_once.

> how does the size of the included file change the timing?

This should depends on the system factors + PHP parsing speed. The larger
the file, the slower the speed. But one large file would be faster than 10
smaller files that are of the same size together.

> which filesize is usual in TYPO3?

Varies greatly.

--
Dmitry Dulepov