[TYPO3-core] em 6: new filename format for .zip extensions?

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri May 17 21:28:10 CEST 2013

Hi Stefano,

Stefano wrote:

> as far as i remember an ext "name" is given by its folder name, and if i
> upload "extname_1.0.3 (1).zip" or "extname_1.0.3-dev-june2012.zip", they
> both should create/overwrite the folder "extname"

I agree that you should be able to upload files named
extension_1.2.3whatever.zip
However you are wrong assuming that only the folder name matters, because
the (unbelievable ugly) archive format zip defines that if there is only one
folder, then the contents of that folder shall be extracted instead of the
directory.
Thus any directory disappears during unzipping which makes it impossible to
get the extension name from the extracted folder.

Therefor the file name is parsed to get the extension key. The parsing is
defined so that anything before a three numbered version separated by dots
or dashes forms the extension name.

Blame it on Microsoft who are not able to ship other archive
binaries/algorithms besides zip.

> right? it should be independent from the filename

Wrong :)

I already pushed a change for this issue.

BTW, there is no reason to discuss every issue in the list before someone
can answer you on the issue.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!