[TYPO3-core] Announcing TYPO3 CMS 6.1.0 Alpha1

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Mar 19 19:40:25 CET 2013

Am 19.03.2013 19:29, schrieb Christian Kuhn:
> On 03/19/2013 06:03 PM, Alexander Opitz wrote:
>>> Class alias system eats some time, yes (mostly loading  of the cache
>>> file).
>>
>> The cache file is loaded faster then the handling of the arrays. ;-)
>
> And I wonder why resetting such properties is so expensive in PHP.

unset($variable)

is something completely different than:

$variable = array()

The first one will just do the unset and leave it to the garbage
collection to free the memory.
The second one will free the memory immediately by overwriting the old
content.

Thus the first one will be faster, while the second one will be cheaper.

Depending on the context both might increase or decrease performance.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de