[TYPO3-core] Supported browsers for the *backend*

Christian Hennecke christian.hennecke at wunderknaben.com
Tue Mar 5 16:04:15 CET 2013

Am 05.03.2013 12:01, schrieb Philipp Gampe:
> Hi Christian Hennecke,
>
> Christian Hennecke wrote:
>
>> We've had some requests for mobile support. One project had this as a
>> mandatory feature. I think the demand will increase, at least for news
>> sites.
>
> It works pretty well with Firefox on Android.
>
> A year ago, the main problem was, that ExtJS was always resizing if you
> tried to zoom in and out. This still seems to be a problem with Chrome.
>
> Also it is a big difficult to work around the need to hover page elements.
> In Firefox you can click on the (empty) bar and you will either get the
> hover state if you hit a space or you will click the icon that was hiding
> there.
> I would like an option to always show all action icons, but maybe it is
> enough to add a user CSS file?

Do you mean via Firefox's userContent.css? That would certainly help
developers but I don't think it's something that agencies can provide as
a solution. Customers want this to work in their standard browsers.
(We've even had requests to get the BE working on smartphones. *rolls
eyes*) The option you mentioned looks like a good idea to me.

BTW, wasn't there somebody working on a backend skin optimized for
mobile usage some time ago?

Cheers,

Christian