[TYPO3-core] 6.2-git: compatibility with 4.x

Patrick Schriner patrick.schriner at diemedialen.de
Wed Jun 5 13:52:47 CEST 2013

I'd favor removing it as planned.

If it's not removed you could have web sites running 6.2 LTS in 3+ years
having the very same migration problem they'd have next year.

If you remove it: Yes it might hurt when moving to 6.2, but you have can
reasonably assume your efforts will not be in vain.

Autoloader files can be generated almost for free with extdeveval - if
it's working.

I think it's fair to assume that given there is > 1+ year grace period
between 6.2 LTS release and 4.5 LTS end of maintenance will suffice to
bring old extensions up to speed.

Maybe a semi-official patch repository for old extensions would be better
to share patches?

Patrick

--
Patrick Schriner