[TYPO3-core] Flowplayer in TYPO3

Peter Niederlag peter.niederlag at typo3.org
Tue Jun 4 11:59:17 CEST 2013

Hello,

On 03.06.2013 23:40, Ernesto Baschny wrote:
> Tolleiv Nietsch schrieb am 03.06.2013 22:42:
[...]
> But I guess the main appeal of having TYPO3 packages in Debian "main" is
> from the marketing aspect:

That's the point. I doubt anyone is using the debian package in a
productive environment.

It is just "nice to have" in terms of marketing.

If flowplayer is missing in the debian package this would not be that
bad, as base functionality would still be there. The debian package
probably doesn't do anything but "gimme a quick impression on how this
CMS works/looks alike".

> a) remove the flowplayer swf files (which will leave MEDIA semi
> functional)

+1

If doable readd via some utility/postinstall script or additional
package in contrib

[...]

Greets,
Peter