[TYPO3-core] RFC: Integrate Doctrine2 into TYPO3 CMS

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Sun Jan 27 01:11:49 CET 2013

On 01/26/2013 08:40 PM, Kay Strobach wrote:
> Inspired from A discussion on the german list i would say:
>
> +1
>
> to anything, that lowers the differences between extbase and flow!
>
> This way TYPO3 CMS as package can be possible some day ;) (or better
> flow as extension?!) ;)

I can't fully judge the dirty technical implications or how rocky our
road might become. But from the code I've looked at and the arguments
lately exchanged during meetings, in chats and this thread I think it
would be really great to get Doctrine integrated (if possible). And imho
it might make sense to get it integrated for core as well, not just for
the extbase-parts.

For all the nice points mentioned in this thread there is a lot to gain
from a Doctine-integration imho, we can get rid of some now reinvented
stuff (in extbase, dbal, ...) and it would lower one more barrier
towards Flow.

Kind regards,
 Stefan