[TYPO3-core] Regression in 4.5.23

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri Feb 22 16:47:46 CET 2013

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Müller wrote:

> This exceptional definition of LTS is new to me. AFAIK it neither has
> been postulated nor has it lead to a more strict backporting policy in
> gerrit review progress.

It has been posted in the mailing list a few times and I also think that is
has been on a post at t3o or buzz already. I am too lazy to dig it out now.

The problem with the LTS is that people start to work around certain "bugs"
which leads to broken websites if this is "fixed".
There are no strict rules, but if it is know that a behavior is being worked
around or if the change in behavior might be to much, then changes should
not be backported.
The same applies for complex bugfixes.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator