[TYPO3-core] RFC 17978 -.... 30% performance drop without discussion

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 09:30:41 CET 2013

Hi!

Christian Kuhn wrote:
> I've reverted the whole thing and all merges depending on it. Seems it
> is better this way.

I appreciate that. We are all sorry and unhappy to loose our work. However
it means you are a very strong person if you can revert your code. I must
say that I am not that strong most of the time :(

This move reminds me a lot of Mark Zuckerberg, who can abandon a feature on
which half of Facebook worked for a year if he sees that the feature leads
to unsatisfying results. It is hard to do to take such decisions and it
takes a lot of internal force to do it. It is a sign of a thoughtful and
strong person.

Thank you.

I still hope that not all of it will be lost. May be, it is possible to
find a solution, which will not drop the speed that much?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 CMS core & security teams member

<strike>Simplicity</strike> Crocodiles will save the world.