[TYPO3-core] RFC 17978 -.... 30% performance drop without discussion

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Wed Feb 13 21:38:41 CET 2013

Hi everybody,

Am 13.02.13 17:55, schrieb Christian Kuhn:
> Hey,
>
> I've reverted the whole thing and all merges depending on it. Seems it
> is better this way.
>
> Regards
> Christian

It is sad to see, that this is the only possibility to calm down folks
again, since explaining and discussing did not help at all or was
basically ignored.

It's even sad, that after explaining in details and telling the next
steps, a lot of energy is put into searching for the weak spots, just to
prove it's evil.

I'm sorry that I did not force this change to stay in the master branch
with "This change has been discussed with the Release Manager and the
Core Team Leader (me), it stays. End of discussion.". Benni and me just
tried the convincement mode instead...

But mainly I'm sorry that a good innovation and a vision has just been
annihilated. Thanks to Christian for having great ideas, having the
energy to make it real and still having the energy to clean it up
afterwards again due to missing acceptance, rants and shit-storms.

Cheers,
Olly
--
Oliver Hader