[TYPO3-core] Memory system woes

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Wed Feb 13 06:21:11 CET 2013

Hi Dimitry,

i simply have to second you -> you're absolutly right, but hopefully the
upcoming patches will solve the problem!

Regards
Kay

Am 12.02.13 23:01, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:
> Hi!
>
> Oliver Hader wrote:
>> Which is true for sure if those customers still use Windows 98 since
>> Windows XP, Vista, 7 etc. required a lot of more memory...
>
> No, it is also true for those, who use Debian or any other Linux
> distribution. I have a TYPO3-based highly optimized community site,
> which serves about 2000 rq/s. Imagine what extra 1Mb of memory per
> request would mean for this server. What about extra 10Mb per request?
> Extra 20,000Mb=20Gb of RAM? Hm-m-m-m-m-m, going to die. Fortunately the
> site still runs on heavily patched 4.5, which is optimized for
> performance far more than the official version.
>
>> Which is more or less the statement that Christian added in the previous
>> mail:
>>
>> "Disclaimer: This does not mean that memory shouldn't be optimised at
>> all. If our application does something insane that can be solved more
>> elegantly with less memory consumption: Go ahead, we love those patches!"
>
> It sounds like: "We increased memory usage and decreased the speed. You
> do not like it? Go and make a patch to bring it all back. We will love
> that!". Fascinating...
>
> Okay, I see it is pointless. Let's keep this patch and see what happens.
> I am just tired of all this. Let it be as it is. I will watch from behind.

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach