[TYPO3-core] Backporting Hooks

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Sat Feb 9 12:39:06 CET 2013

Hi Stefan,

you're right for viewHelpers as well, but viewHelpers do not hurt new
versions with "xclasses" :D and can be easily copied. But i agree as well.

StdWrap changes TS behaviour so i would not agree here (even if it's
technically equal) ;)

Regards
Kay

Am 09.02.13 11:47, schrieb Stefan Neufeind:
> On 02/09/2013 10:50 AM, Kay Strobach wrote:
>> Hello Guys,
>>
>> from the discussions above and some problems in the past i want to
>> gently ask, if we can add an exception to the non backporting policy.
>>
>> As Tolleiv mentioned in the "Review System woes" sometimes Hooks are
>> missing in the core. So my question is, if hooks may be backported in
>> the future.
>
> Hi,
>
> I agree with the reasons you described. Things like hooks are imho low
> critical but allow extensions to work easier with newer versions and for
> example on LTS.
>
> Imho things like ViewHelpers or new stdWrap-possibilities are almost in
> the same boat: They don't hurt if you don't use them and are quite well
> encapsulated to not cause trouble in other parts.
>

> But I fear the no (new) features "at all" rule will win.
> I'd however be delighted to be proven wrong :-)
>

> Kind regards,
>  Stefan

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach