[TYPO3-core] linkhandler support for linkvalidator

Alexander Stehlik alexander.stehlik at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 17:10:39 CET 2013

Am 19.12.2013 16:56, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
> Hi,
>
> On 19-12-2013 16:46, Alexander Stehlik wrote:
>> Since the linkhandler is not a core extension I do not see why there
>> should be support for it in linkvalidator. It is also no problem to add
>> own link checkers in third party Extensions.
>>
>> I would suggest to remove the support altogether. What do you think?
>> What would be the workflow for this removal?
>
> I tried to find time to include it in the core before 6.2 feature
> freeze, but problems with merging the configuration of a link caused
> some delays. It's now put aside for a next release.
> With this in mind it would be nice to keep the linkhandler validation
> support, unless linkvalidator is completely changed into a normal
> extension.

Ah, I see. So it is planned to integrate the linkhandler Extension as a
core feature / core Extension? Sounds like a cool idea :)

I spent some time updating the Extension so that it works with TYPO3
6.2. and to reduce the amount of duplicate code. You can find the
current version on Github:

https://github.com/Intera/linkhandler

There is one required patch pending for it to work:

https://review.typo3.org/21346/