[TYPO3-core] #53682, PHP 5.5.6, call-time pass-by-reference, PHP 5.6

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Sat Dec 14 12:56:16 CET 2013

On 12/13/2013 11:02 AM, Helmut Hummel wrote:

[...]

> Therefore I propose the following:
>
> 1. Get rid of the contructor method in the (ToolBarItemHook) interface
> 2. Get rid of the reference modifiers in the implementations of this
> interface. Third party code must do that too if affected by this PHP
> bug, but this can be done any time as there is not interface restriction
> any more
> 3. Rather than applying breaks to our object creation code by adding
> additional reflection methods[1], I propose to remove reflection for 99%
> of the cases altogether.[2] (I would be fine adding the workaround from
> [1] in the default case of the switch statement, but only if absolutely
> necessary)
>
> All changes could also be backported to older branches, as they are non
> breaking and pretty straightforward.
>
> What do you think?
>

> Kind regards,
> Helmut
>

> [1]https://review.typo3.org/26344
> [2]https://review.typo3.org/26363

Imho 26363 is meanwhile ready to go. Peter also acknowledged he is fine
with that (instead of his approach). So it would be great if others
could please have a look and bring that review forward. We could then
abandon 26344.

I also agree about your proposal to change the interface. Could you come
up with a patch for that, please?

Kind regards,
 Stefan