[TYPO3-core] FAL handling of missing files

Peter Niederlag peter.niederlag at typo3.org
Fri Aug 30 09:51:30 CEST 2013

Hello,

On 30.08.2013 09:13, François Suter wrote:
>> Some more digging later, the file is actually not missing. It is marked
>> as deleted, but somehow the Filelist module still tries to access it...

IIRC this is "old"(still current?) behaviour. The deleted flag is set
when file is missing. As the list module also includes deleted records
it throws an Exception when trying to read that non existant file.

> More digging: am I right in guessing that  handling of deleted FAL
> records changed at some point along the way between 6.1.0 and 6.1.3 (at
> least, or 6.1-dev)?

git:(TYPO3_6-1) ✗ git log -S'deleted' -n4 -p
typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Resource/AbstractFile.php

It was added and reverted twice, see:
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/48336

> I had several sys_file records with their deleted flag set to 1. These
> made the Filelist module crash with an uncaught exception. I manually
> reset those flags to 0 and deleted the files again via the Filelist
> module. Now I see that the deleted is apparently no longer used (it
> remains 0). The file is deleted physically, but not the record in the
> database.

6.2, 6.1 or master?
I thought deleted was to be replaced by "missing" and the patch still
pending:
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/50827

> Is all this process normal? It seems weird that records should stay.

Well, not really, at least not in all cases:

This seems to be the master ticket for this whole delete/deleted/missing
issue:
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/50876

> And when did this process change? Were there some instructions issued
> about updating the database to do something about those sys_file records
> with deleted = 1?

Currently I just run a cronjob that trashes all sys_file records with
deleted=1.

Greets,
Peter