[TYPO3-core] Confused about changes of XLF locale key

Søren Malling soren.malling at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 10:00:43 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm in the middle of organizing a rather large upgrade from a 4.5.

One issue that we have come across in the change of locallang format (from
ll-XML to XLF) is that the danish language key has changed from "dk" to
"da".

Can anyone confirm this?

A solution I've found for this, will be to use EXT:extdeveval to convert
each files and then change the filename from "dk." to "da.".

For all extensions that I'm not managing and hasn't been translated through
translation.typo3.org i will use xmllocallangoverride [1] in a config
extension to manage what extensions should use my now converted files.

Does this sound like a reasonable solution? Please give feedback

Cheers,

Søren

[1]
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3/articles/managing-localization-files.html#c962