[TYPO3-core] TemplaVoila ... what to do with it?

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Tue Apr 9 13:20:57 CEST 2013

Hi Tolleiv,

Tolleiv Nietsch wrote:

> seems that TemplaVoila is (still) a very popular part of the TYPO3 CMS
> world and I don't think that it is healthy to keep such an important
> part unmentioned when it comes to discussing the future.

I have the same impression. This should make it moderately easy to find some
contributor who want to work in the extension in feature (e.g. do
maintenance tasks).

> As I'm personally loosing confidence in the TYPO3 CMS atm, I don't want
> to decide anything important within asking the actually *active* people.
> So in case you consider yourself an Active Contributor (in the
> definition of http://goo.gl/77iZi ) please share your ideas on how this
> extension should be treated.

This document is totally about the team structure of the CMS core. It does
not have any technical aspects (there will be an upcoming vision document
for larger discussion), nor does it apply to extensions in any way.

You are of course free to use the same team management practices to develop
"your" extension.

> Just to avoid false accusations (as seen on Twitter lately) -
> TemplaVoila is working in TYPO3 6.0, it is compatible to FAL, there is
> no other *active* maintainer other than me atm. - it is able to work
> properly with workspaces and complex language setups at the same time.

That is good to know :)
I guess I need to quote this soon again.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!