[TYPO3-core] TYPO3 CMS Core Team Restructuring

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Fri Apr 5 22:31:47 CEST 2013

Hey Dmitry,

On 05.04.13 07:57, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> I read the doc but I did not see practical steps there. Waiting for a
> more practical doc.
could you elaborate a bit more. I see a lot of practical steps, the ones
that help the most:

 * Bugfixes / Changes that touch the core and currently submodules /
competence areas (like versioning) can be solved by one merge, instead
of two issues and two merges, and difficult commits

 * We have a lot of inactive core team members, but they are needed for
the reviews. However we have a lot of active contributors that - in some
areas - know the code better than most core team members. Why shouldn't
they have the "allowance" to merge certain patches in these areas.

 * Mentoring of new contributors is already on a good way, but the step
to the "active contributor" is easier to accomplish and to see (even
when it's in just a certain area) than the current blurry "I will -
maybe - at some day - become a core team member if I do this and that" way.

> Only one comment so far: there seems to be more bureaucracy coming. Or,
> may be, I do not know existing internal structure.
I anticipate that we have more people in their "field of competence"
that they focus on their area, instead of the 10 active people that need
to know everything about every part of the core.

All the best,
Benni.