[TYPO3-core] Strategy for deprecation log

Jost Baron Jost.Baron at gmx.de
Wed Apr 3 16:17:40 CEST 2013

Hi,

Am 4/3/2013 3:31 PM, schrieb Markus Klein:
> Hi!
>
>> Hi Markus,

>>> Typoscript is not even nearly in the scope of this feature. Deprecation is
>> happening at a very very low level of code and might appear where TS is not
>> even close to be loaded.
>>> Furthermore TS is always page specific, whereas deprecation is for the
>> whole installation, independent of actual pages.
>>
>> Thats a point. But then, the current mode should at least be checkable in TS,
>> so one change configuration depending on the mode.
> What do you mean by checkable? TS condition? What is your intention then? Does it make a difference for the page if deprecation log is switched on?

I mean this: The dev-mode, as proposed by Jigal earlier in this thread,
is more than a switch for the deprecation log. It also includes logging
levels and so on. To be able to customize it, it should be possible to
adjust TS settings according to the current mode.

But the introduction of modes (development, production, integration,
...) to the core is orthogonal to the deprecation log problems. So it
should be discussed in another thread.

Jost