[TYPO3-core] Strategy for deprecation log

Patrick Broens patrick.broens at typo3.org
Wed Apr 3 12:59:24 CEST 2013

On 3-4-13 12:38 , Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> Jigal van Hemert schrieb am 02.04.2013 21:49:
>
>> On 2-4-2013 17:08, Steffen Müller wrote:
>>> very good. but what would be the default mode for new installations?
>>> production or development :)
>>
>> A fresh install is of course in dev mode. But the visual sign should be
>> so obvious that no client accepts it when the site is launched.
>
> This is very developer-centric point of view. Why? I would say a fresh
> install is in production mode! Fast and without any nasty warnings,
> debug error messages, etc. It's clean and people can just "use it"!
>
> If someone wants to debug some extension, is planning to upgrade, or has
> some trouble and needs more logging, he knows what he's doing (or will
> ask some developer friend or the community) and can then enable the
> "developer-mode".
I have the same opinion about this. Dev-mode should NOT be enabled by
default. We are trying to gain more "small" users which can easily
install TYPO3 without hardly any knowledge. The Introduction Package was
the start for this. Don't give them the hassle of deprecation logging
and other pollution of their installation.

> Let's try to make TYPO3 simple for the average user!
+1

--
Patrick Broens
TYPO3 Core Team member