[TYPO3-core] Strategy for deprecation log

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Apr 2 11:48:59 CEST 2013

Hi,

sounds like a nice idea.

And have this Scheduler Task in an extension that we can also ship
through TER, allowing people with TYPO3 4.5 also to install and use this
nice addition.

Another aspect to consider is to disable deprecation log by default, as
it only "annoys" people which are not interested in it. I know that we
want to "annoy" people as much as possible using deprecated stuff in
their extensions, but this annoyance also hits customers who just want
to use the system and are not programmers at all.

If you let google auto complete "typo3 deprecation" you will find out
how popular this feature is. :)

Cheers,
Ernesto