[TYPO3-core] Strategy for deprecation log

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Tue Apr 2 11:04:35 CEST 2013

Hey,

On 04/02/2013 10:01 AM, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> Service a cached pages from redis? Why would a DB connection be required
> then?

afaik its not possible - by default - to find out the page ID to deliver
a full cached page from caching framework without a db connection ...
Well, we could construct some case with clever output in eid without db
connection if we try hard enough, but still this is more academic than a
really practical and usable use case. At leas, I never had such a use
case in production - which doesn't mean there are none.

> I would say: Open a DB connection only whenever it is required. If this
> is the case for writing a deprecation message, so do it at this moment.
> Can't the DB connection be "lazy loaded" and opened on demand?

Good idea. The db class needs setters for db credentials anyway for a
different reason and I'll work on that the next days. Maybe this can be
done in the same run.

Regards
Christian