[TYPO3-core] Strategy for deprecation log

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Apr 2 10:01:40 CEST 2013

Patrick Broens schrieb am 02.04.2013 09:26:
> Hey,
>> * The eid scripts might be a problem, since they don't initiate db
>> connection by default, but could very well throw deprecations. To solve
>> that, we could just initiate db connection in eid by default too (that
>> would also simplify this area in bootstrap a lot). I also think that not
>> creating db conn in eid is a flaw anyway, because you always need it if
>> you're doing anything useful. Objections?
>
> Although I prefer to see the eid functionality as clean as possible, I
> don't have any objections for initiating the db connection by default.
> In my opinion there are not much use cases not using the db connection.
> As you say you always need it when doing anything useful.

Service a cached pages from redis? Why would a DB connection be required
then?

I would say: Open a DB connection only whenever it is required. If this
is the case for writing a deprecation message, so do it at this moment.
Can't the DB connection be "lazy loaded" and opened on demand?

Regards,
Ernesto