[TYPO3-core] Strategy for deprecation log

Patrick Broens patrick.broens at typo3.org
Tue Apr 2 09:26:24 CEST 2013

Hey,
> * The eid scripts might be a problem, since they don't initiate db
> connection by default, but could very well throw deprecations. To solve
> that, we could just initiate db connection in eid by default too (that
> would also simplify this area in bootstrap a lot). I also think that not
> creating db conn in eid is a flaw anyway, because you always need it if
> you're doing anything useful. Objections?

Although I prefer to see the eid functionality as clean as possible, I
don't have any objections for initiating the db connection by default.
In my opinion there are not much use cases not using the db connection.
As you say you always need it when doing anything useful.

--
Patrick Broens
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!