[TYPO3-core] Question about new LocalConfiguration file and extension list

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Sep 5 09:28:02 CEST 2012

Jigal van Hemert schrieb am 04.09.2012 16:50:

> On 4-9-2012 9:08, François Suter wrote:
>> The new LocalConfiguration.php file has both an "extList" and an
>> "extListArray". Why do we need that?
>
> It was done for better backwards compatibility. I can't remember if
> actual cases were found, but code which checks extList for the presence
> of an extension will still work this way.

But then the "comma-separated-list" should be auto-magically created by
the bootstrap code and not be present in the file that is "potentially"
manually edited by an admin. I was also wondering several times why this
is redundantly stored in this file and which one I should modify for it
to work.

>> Does it mean that if you add an
>> extension manually, or if you want to change the load order manually,
>> you have to update both?
>
> Yes, but if you do that you are already doing eerie things anyway :-)

I wonder why? Any other way to for example remove extensions that are
giving "Fatal error" in the whole bootstrap mechanism because they are
using obsolete methods in ext_localconf.php for example? This is what I
constantly have the need to do while testing 6.0.. :(

Cheers,
Ernesto