[TYPO3-core] Translation 'en' missing

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 11:39:14 CET 2012

Hi!

Daniel Alder wrote:
> It doesn't even touch the constant "TYPO3_languages". I am not talking
> about backend extensions, I am talking about frontend extensions
> (pi_base): $GLOBALS['TSFE']->config['config']['language']
>
> Please just look into the code and you will see.

May be we think about different things. I have one recent fix on my mind.

Yes, tslib_pibase does not care. But translation happens in BE (normally)
and "en" was never available (even on the translation server). May be you
could code strings manually to plugin's locallang.xml but you could not do
it with any existing translation tools. Therefore it is logical that it
does not work in 4.6: it was never available officially in TYPO3! If it
worked by coincidence, it does not mean it will always work :)

I guess you can find a corresponding fix you-know-where under changeset
48257. In that core branch, the BE module from you-know-what extension
works ok.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Simplicity will save the world.