[TYPO3-core] CGL proposal: Dropping the closing PHP tag

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Mon Oct 22 19:19:23 CEST 2012

Hi Michael Stucki,

Michael Stucki wrote:

> That means, you only run into problems if you have more than one newline
> after the closing tag. Why is this a problem? I don't know of any editor
> who would add more than one trailing newline to a file. Do you?

It is common in C to avoid side effects (e.g. comments) by merging two files
(during preprocessing) and than having the last and the first line on a
single line combine. Usually there is at least one blank line at the end of
each file.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!