[TYPO3-core] Backporting to maintenance branches

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Oct 10 13:20:41 CEST 2012

Stefan Neufeind schrieb am 10.10.2012 12:09:
> On 10/10/2012 11:52 AM, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
>> Christian Kuhn schrieb am 09.10.2012 20:34:
>>
>>> I'd like to discuss / remind to our general backporting procedure:
>>>
>>> If a patch is merged in master, but also targeted as bugfix to other
>>> branches, it would be great, if the core team member who merged the
>>> master version takes care of other branches, too.
>>
>> +1
>>
>> Also keep in mind of this overview:
>>
>> http://www.typo3-anbieter.de/typo3-merges/core.html
>
> Oh, didn't know that one (and maybe others as well).
> One of those very useful TYPO3-URLs out there in the wild.

Strange, as I have mentioned and announced that tool and URL several
times through this list and plenty of people seem to "know" it already.
But nice to see that we can still reach even more people.

> Why can't we have those tools running on TYPO3-architecture and visible
> (linked, ...) for others to see/use? *argh*

The code is available at Github [1] but I can leave it running on my
site. The result of the processing is currently static HTML files which
can be uploaded anywhere, so a web-space for static HTML would be enough
to host this.

I have tried to make this available on some other "official" typo3.org
site before, but I think there was a lack of a proper "URL" for these
kind of "tools". It's not a matter of getting a "typo3.org" URL, because
it might as well be as unknown as the current one.

Any suggestion?

Cheers,
Ernesto

[1] https://github.com/baschny/typo3-merged