[TYPO3-core] Backporting to maintenance branches

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Wed Oct 10 01:18:38 CEST 2012

On 10/09/2012 08:34 PM, Christian Kuhn wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> I'd like to discuss / remind to our general backporting procedure:
>
> If a patch is merged in master, but also targeted as bugfix to other
> branches, it would be great, if the core team member who merged the
> master version takes care of other branches, too.

[...]

> It general I'd say it's the task of the core member who merged to master
> to also take care of other branches in a timely manner.

Hi,

definitely +1 from my side (as a non-core member). I implicitly trusted
that the person merging takes care of that or maybe some magic script
would nag somebody to please do it. I can only speak for other teams I
work in but think I can say that we usually also take care of the ports
as you describe.

And if backporting with testing is a bit more work, please at least
submit the backport for review.

Kind regards,
 Stefan Neufeind