[TYPO3-core] Proposal for the upcoming Roadmap and LTS

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri Nov 9 14:29:46 CET 2012

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Philipp Gampe wrote:
>> I am not a T3A member, thus can not say much about it, but as I company,
>> I would have made sure that the T3A pays a dev to do backports, review
>> bugfixes and other release related tasks that are not actual coding and
>> do not make a lot of fun.
>
> I am talking about this for years :) Nice to see that somebody else shares
> the idea.

Looking at the number of unmerged bugfixes *pending* in gerrit, I think that
would be desperately needed - not even counting the many bug reports in
forge.

A single company is (most likely) to small to pay a dev full time for this,
but if the major ten companies would put some budget together, they could
for sure pay someone to do the above tasks.
The most natural instance would be T3A to organize that. To me it seems that
the T3A was mostly used (or abused?) to create TYPO3 Flow and Neos instead
of helping the actual CMS. This changed during last year, but it will be
hard work to catch up the missed five years.
On the other hand, it was up to the T3A members to steer the direction of
the money flow thus they must have agreed on in.

Nevertheless, I hope some budget is granted for a "core coder" and "release
tasks".

Lets just all do what is possible and then see where this leads us :)
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!