[TYPO3-core] Proposal for the upcoming Roadmap and LTS

Lukas Lukas
Fri Nov 9 13:37:08 CET 2012

Hi

On 2012-11-08 11:02:06 +0000, Jigal van Hemert said:

> From the arguments I heard so far I must conclude that the people who
> want an LTS version want developers to spend more time on maintenance
> because it is cheaper for clients and easier to sell for the agencies.

Please don't always insinuate me my motivation for an LTS release, just ask!

My answer to your conclusion is: No.

Even if it gets cheaper and easier to sell, this is not my reason! I'm
really convinced, that the LTS gives TYPO3 a massive plus in the
enterprise sector.

Plus: It would make much more sense to let experienced core developers
maintain the TYPO3 core than to let every integrator do this himself.
Imagine the problems we all would run into: Dozens of different
versions, every core tampered by some developers, upgrade problems if a
customer changes an agency, etc. etc. The image of TYPO3 would suffer a
lot and be sure, companies would prefer other CMS's over TYPO3 just
because they would be more reliable.

That is my motivation.

If you could agree with that, I'd already be happy!

Regards
Lukas.